Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A New Day

Have you ever thought about morning? They are very strange things. When you go to bed, you do not like mornings because that means you have to get up. But, when it is the middle of the day, you wish that it was still the cool of the morning. So many times, being with God is like that. When we haven't done our quiet time with Him, we normally do not want to do it because it means we have to stop doing something else. But, when something is stressful or tiring or hard, we long for time with God. Why is that? I believe that it is because many times, Christians look at God like a vending machine. If we put enough prayer into Him, we will get what we want. Have you ever thought about what God wants? He wants us to spend time with Him. Like a caring father that loves his children, He wants to be with us, and just hold us. But, far too often, we are spiritual brats, and we complain to God and about God and we just sit in self-pity and wait for God to "give in". My question for the day is, "When was the last time that you let God just hold you?"

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I feel I don't do this often enough! I know it is what I need the most many times. I'm with you on your comparison to mornings. To develop that further, the more I MUST get up(for school), the more I become accustomed to it, and the more often I wake up early out of habit. This can be the same with God -- the more we lean on Him, the more we will automatically do it.